We are always hearing about PVC and hardwood shutters… but what about aluminium shutters?
Plantation shutters are more than just a fleeting trend: they are here to stay. Many homeowners love the privacy and light control of shutters, as well as the clean look. They are a great solution for shaped windows and square ones alike, and suit a range of different décor styles.
Unfortunately timber & PVC shutters aren’t suitable in all cases: Often PVC panels are too heavy for large windows, and timber performs poorly in areas prone to moisture & humidity. Aluminium shutters to the rescue!
THE BENEFITS OF ALUMINIUM SHUTTERS
- Waterfast – While timber can swell and warp under wet conditions, aluminium is impervious to moisture; you could hose them down and they’d still be perfect.
- Lightweight – Our aluminium shutters are very lightweight and can be made to larger sizes than heavy PVC. Aluminium shutters are far less likely to put pressure on your architraves.
- Colour & finish options – Aluminium shutters come in a range of standard colours, and can be customised with any Dulux powdercoat colour. You can also specify the finish between gloss, satin and matt.
- Fabulous looks – Our latest range of Avenir shutters look just like hardwood. Your bathrooms and living areas can all have the same shutter look, but with different functions.
- Configurations – As with most shutters, you can choose hinged, bifold, sliding or fixed panels. They also offer blades which can lock into position.
- Magnetisation – Because aluminium is so lightweight, we can have the frames fitted magnetically for hard-to-reach windows (like the one behind your dryer).
- Security – Flush or key lock bolts are available for security purposes.
- 10 year structural warranty
Not all aluminium shutters are suitable outdoors, but our Weatherwell shutters certainly are! They offer privacy, light control and shield your outdoor area from the elements. This means you can use your alfresco area in any weather! Our Weatherwell Elite shutters are also storm rated, making them perfect for high wind areas.