TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing More Than Curtains.
Set out below are the terms and conditions of the agreement between you and MTC for your window furnishings. In this agreement the “Customer” means you, the “Window Furnishings” means the products you have ordered, the “Order” means the order form and the “Purchase Price” means the total purchase price for the Window Furnishings shown on the Order. Please make sure you have read this page and checked your Order carefully before you proceed.
A. MTC’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- MTC must make the Window Furnishings to the specifications as set out in the Order. The Customer acknowledges that MTC will make the Window Furnishings square and the Customer must not make any claim against MTC if the windows or frames in which the Window Furnishings are installed are out of square. MTC will endeavour to hide imperfections where possible.
- MTC will use due care and skill and will use materials fit for the purpose when making the Window Furnishings.
- AS we order everything within the first 24-48 hours, if the Customer attempts to cancel the order within 48 hours of receipt of down payment, the Customer forfeits a minimum 20% of down payment.
- MTC will provide a qualified installer to install the Window Furnishings. Installers to MTC all have a minimum 5 years industry experience and full Public Liability insurance.
- MTC partners will endeavour to be on site for all or part of installation. However in busy times this may not be possible.
- Before the agreed installation date MTC will contact the Customer with an estimated delivery time for the Window Furnishings.
- The Window Furnishings remain MTC’s property until MTC has received the full Purchase Price
- The full balance of all goods must be paid on or before installation and only credit card, cash or cheque is acceptable for the balance.
- Repeated trips by our installers not included in original contract, will be charged a call out fee of no less than $140.
B. THE CUSTOMER’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- By placing the Order the Customer acknowledges that they have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement and agrees to be bound by them.
- Immediately on accepting the Order the Customer must pay to MTC a down payment by cash, credit card, cheque or direct debit of 50% of the Purchase Price.
- The Customer acknowledges that MTC will normally commence the manufacturing process of the Window Furnishings within 48 hours of this Order being signed. If the Customer cancels the Order after MTC commences manufacture then the Customer forfeits a minimum 20% of the down payment.
- The Customer may only vary the Order if the Customer and MTC are able to agree on a new purchase price for the Window Furnishings. Any variations to the contract must be in writing.
- The Customer acknowledges that materials can be liable to variations in colour due to differences between production runs. While MTC will do all it reasonably can to ensure that the materials used for the Window Furnishings matches the sample chosen by the Customer, the Customer acknowledges that MTC does not promise an exact colour match and the Customer must not make any claim against MTC where any such variations occur.
- The Customer acknowledges that all Window Furnishings must be maintained with regular cleaning and maintenance and operated in accordance with any operating instructions provided by MTC or its contractors. Failure to do so may void the Guarantee, referred to in clause C below.
- On the agreed installation date the Customer must give the Installer safe and adequate access to where the Window Furnishings are to be installed. Before the installer begins work the Customer must inform the Installer of the location of any water pipes, electrical cables or any other potential hazard of any kind that may cause damage or injury to people or property during or as a result of the installation of the Window Furnishings. In addition, the Customer acknowledges that MTC cannot accept responsibility for sub-standard fixing points where Window Furnishings are to be installed.
- The customer must pay the final balance of the purchase price in favour of MTC on or before installation.
- Jobs to be installed at staggered intervals will be charged progress payments.
- If job is delayed at Customer’s end by more than one calendar month, full payment minus installation costs will be due so that MTC can store your completed window coverings without Customer incurring further charges.
*Please note that More Than Curtains will never sell your details to a third party. We respect your privacy.
- Three (3) years (minimum) warranty on all custom made Window Furnishings from the date of installation. Installation by the Customer reduces the warranty to a minimum one year.
- Where a product under warranty is no longer available a substitute product from MTC’s current range to the same value will be offered as a replacement during the warranty period.
- The warranty is against defects in components and/or faulty workmanship for the above periods from the date of installation. The warranty does not extend to damage caused by accidents, misuse or abuse of the product and does not cover depreciation through ordinary wear and tear. All other claims will attract pick up, delivery or service charges which will need to be prepaid.
- Any attempts to repair, alter or adjust an MTC product by an unauthorised person will deem this warranty null and void. This especially includes painters removing items.
- All warranties are non transferable.